The Open Data API specifications allow API providers (e.g. banks, building societies and ATM providers) to develop API endpoints which can then be accessed by API users (e.g. third party developers) to build mobile and web applications for banking customers.
These specifications allow providers to supply up to date, standardised, information about the latest available products and services so that, for example, a comparison website can more easily and accurately gather information, and thereby develop better services for end customers.
Specifications for version 2 of the Open Data API are now available here. Please see the release notes.
- ATM API Specification (location, service, and accessibility information about ATMs)
- Branch API Specification (location, service, accessibility, and opening time information about branches)
- PCA API Specification (product information about retail personal current accounts)
- BCA API Specification (product information about retail business current accounts)
- SME API Specification (product information about business unsecured loans)
- CCC API Specification (product information about commercial credit cards)
Version 2 is a significant upgrade. New API providers should use these standards. Existing API providers should update to version 2 as soon as they can. Clarification of live dates for version 2 will be posted here soon.
Previous versions of the Open Data API standard are available here: