Information which is submitted or collected via the Site is held and controlled by Open Banking Limited (“we“, “our” and “us“), a private company incorporated and registered in England with company number 10440081 whose registered office is at 2 Thomas More Square, London, United Kingdom, E1W 1YN.
Keeping you informed
If you register with us via the Site, we will send you updates about Open Data APIs and news about other activities of Open Banking which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also use your information:
- to administer any services we provide to you including the Open Banking service;
- to compile statistical analysis of the pages of the Site which you visit;
- to help us develop our business, products, services and the Site;
- for internal administration and/or analysis;
- to consider any applications or requests for information or advice made by you;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
Open Banking Directory
If you apply to enrol in the Open Banking Directory (the “Directory”) we will collect the name, job title, email address and phone number for your nominated Primary Business Contact and nominated Primary Technical Contact as well as any additional business and technical contacts you may add to the Directory. We require this information for each Participant in the Directory.
This information will be used by Open Banking Limited to communicate with you about your participation in the Directory. The technical contact and business contact information will also be made available to other enrolled Participants in the Directory to enable them to contact you directly about your participation in the Directory when necessary (e.g. when diagnosing technical connection problems between entities or when resolving payment service user enquiries).
In the course of processing your enrolment you will be asked to provide both a copy of your passport or national identity card, and a copy of a document showing your residential address. We will use this information to verify your identity which is necessary to prevent fraudulent use of the Directory.
We may collect the following information every time you interact with the Directory.
- User name;
- Date and time of each successful login and unsuccessful login attempt;
- The IP addresses and protocols used to communicate with the directory;
- Technical information such as information about the browser or identity of the system used to access the Directory;
- Technical information about the device used for two factor authentication which may include phone number, device ID and any other technical information used to authenticate a login;
- Details of all activities performed while logged in.
The use of this information is necessary to support the legitimate interests of Open Banking Limited to protect the operations, security and integrity of the Directory and for help in troubleshooting problems with the Directory.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with third parties who carry out services on our behalf. Where we do this we will require them not to use your information for any other purposes.
We may also share your information:
- with our professional advisers and external auditors;
- with forensic investigators;
- in response to requests from law enforcement authorities or regulators;
- with other Directory participants (if applicable).
Your information will be retained for six years as it may be required for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your information may sometimes be processed in other countries, including countries outside the EEA. The laws of such countries may not provide the same standard of protection to individuals in respect of their personal information. However we will take reasonable steps to put in place measures to protect your information.
Questions and changes