Our Privacy Policies
- you have enrolled with us to participate in the development of the APIs and be kept informed;
- you have enrolled on the Open Banking Directory;
- you are a journalist or stakeholder who we communicate with.
If you work, or have worked, at OBIE and have a question about the use of data relating to you, or you would like to exercise your rights in respect of that data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Banking Limited is a private company incorporated and registered in England with company number 10440081 whose registered office is at 2 Thomas More Square, London, United Kingdom, E1W 1YN. We collect and store the information detailed below and are responsible for how it is used. If you want to get in touch with us then please email email@example.com
These privacy policies explain how we use personal data. They may be amended from time to time so please check back on a regular basis.
Keeping you informed about Open Banking
You have the option of asking to be kept informed of OBIE’s activities by registering via this website. When you do this, we will send you updates about the Open Banking APIs and news about other activities of OBIE which we think may be of interest to you. We won’t provide data relating to you to anyone else, and if you’d like us to stop sending you email, then you just need to ask.
We may also use your information:
- to administer any services we provide to you including the Open Banking Services;
- to compile statistical analysis of the pages of the Site which you visit;
- to help us develop our business, products, services and the Site;
- for internal administration and/or analysis;
- to consider any applications or requests for information or advice made by you;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
The use of this information is necessary to support the legitimate interests of OBIE to develop the Open Banking Ecosystem. We will retain your information until you ask us to no longer send you news and updates or participate in our activities.
Open Banking Directory
If you apply to enrol in the Open Banking Directory (the “Directory”) we will collect the name, job title, email address and phone number for your nominated Primary Business Contact and nominated Primary Technical Contact as well as any additional business and technical contacts you may add to the Directory. We require this information for each Participant in the Directory.
This information will be used by OBIE to communicate with you about your participation in the Directory. The technical contact and business contact information may also be made available to other enrolled Participants in the Directory to enable them to contact you directly about your participation in the Directory when necessary (e.g. when diagnosing technical connection problems between entities or when resolving payment service user enquiries or disputes).
In the course of processing your enrolment you will be asked to provide both a copy of your passport or national identity card, and a copy of a document showing your residential address. We will use this information to verify your identity which is necessary to prevent fraudulent use of the Directory.
We may collect the following information every time you interact with the Directory.
- User name;
- Date and time of each successful login and unsuccessful login attempt;
- The IP addresses and protocols used to communicate with the directory;
- Technical information such as information about the browser or identity of the system used to access the Directory;
- Technical information about the device used for two factor authentication which may include phone number, device ID and any other technical information used to authenticate a login;
- Details of all activities performed while logged in.
The use of this information is necessary to support the legitimate interests of OBIE to protect the operations, security and integrity of the Directory and for help in troubleshooting problems with the Directory.
Your information will be retained for six years as it may be required for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Journalists and Stakeholders
One of OBIE’s core missions is to explain how Open Banking works and our role in the payments and FinTech ecosystem. To facilitate this, the OBIE team members maintain contact information (name, email address, phone numbers) of journalists and stakeholders. Generally we have this information because you gave it to us. If you’d like us to stop talking to you about Open Banking then please let your contact know or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure this happens.
Sharing your information
We use a number of other companies to help us provide the Open Banking Services. These third parties act on our instructions and carry out services on our behalf (they are processors). Where we do this we require them not to use your information for any other purposes. Your information may be processed by the following third parties.
- Website hosting providers
- Platform as a Service providers
- Cloud-based CRM software as a provider
- Web content distribution and security provider
- Web collaboration software
- UK Payments Administration
And if you enrol in the Directory, your data will also be processed by these third parties.
- Certificate issuance and management service provider
- Identity verification provider
- Cloud-based Authentication and identification service provider
Where it is strictly necessary, we may also share your information:
- with our professional advisers and external auditors;
- with forensic investigators;
- in response to requests from law enforcement authorities or regulators;
- with other Directory participants (if applicable).
Your information may sometimes be processed in other countries, including countries outside the EEA. The laws of such countries may not provide the same standard of protection to individuals in respect of their personal information. However we will take reasonable steps to put in place measures to protect your information. In some cases this is the participation of the third party in the Privacy Shield Framework and in other cases we make sure there are contractual provisions based on standard data protection clauses. If you would like further information in respect of a particular processing operation please contact email@example.com
If you wish to access, correct or delete any of your personal information as held by us, object or restrict the processing of data relating to you, or if you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Policies or information we hold about you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.